Mission statement: Our mission is to recognize and promote excellence in the science and application of psychology
10 reasons to join Psi Chi:
- You will receive international recognition for academic excellence in psychology, an honor that can be noted on employment applications, vitaes, or resumés.
- Over $400,000 are available annually in awards and grants (including travel grants!) for undergraduates, graduates, faculty advisors, and chapters.
- Psi Chi's Career Center features thousands of psych-related job openings. As a member, you can upload your resumé or create automatic Job Alerts to learn when opportunities appear that match your unique career interests and location.
- All members receive free access to three great publications. View the latest issues here.
- Involvement with a chapter promotes leadership - you can gain leadership experiences that last a lifetime. For example, consider running for a chapter officer position.
- Local, regional, national, and international psychology conventions allow you to gain research presentation experiences; receive certificates recognizing your accomplishments at regional and national conventions; attend educational programming about psychology, education, and career opportunities; meet leading psychologists, students, and officers from other chapters; and learn from our distinguished lecturers and speak with them in person during a conversation hour after their lectures.
- Psi Chi’s online store allows you to purchase graduation regalia, apparel, jewelry, chapter supplies, and more to display your Psi Chi pride!
- All Psi Chi memberships are for life! In fact, your one-time membership fee grants you a personal login account to help you stay connected to the organization and your specific chapter, even after you graduate.
- Social media platforms provide limitless networking opportunities through Psi Chi’s membership-exclusive
LinkedIn group, and public Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages.
- The U.S. government accepts membership as one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level for numerous professional and technical occupations.
Lifetime membership is open to:
1. Undergraduate and graduate students majoring or minoring in psychology or a closely related field at an institution with a Psi Chi chapter may join if they met the Society's minimum requirements and any additional chapter requirements.
2. Transfer students who meet regular student membership requirements may check with their local chapter advisor for eligibility specifics. At least 12 semester hours or equivalent in psychology coursework at their new institution is required unless otherwise specified according to that chapter's bylaws.
3. Full-time faculty members of an institution with a Psi Chi chapter may be elected by the local chapter. A doctorate in psychology or a closely related field is required to become a Psi Chi primary faculty advisor. Coadvisors or faculty alumni members may have a master's or doctorate.
4. Alumni who graduated at an institution before a Psi Chi chapter was established may be elected to membership by that local chapter if they meet the current criteria for student membership based on their final transcript at that institution.
Specific membership requirements and instructions are available HERE
To apply to become an official member of Columbia University Psi Chi Honors Society, you must complete the following applications:
For more information about Columbia University Psi Chi Chapter, please visit https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBDAggpsShAMO_pAv8hG_Yd8ovZPScz5sFGnGrxqHkk/edit?usp=sharing
Contact us: [email protected]
Diversity Resources: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11vSyQWUguesWF8nfwgLvED4CjfJ8Jw38ylfD4lcr3zA/edit